Easter Eggs (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Wednesday, January 25, 2017, 02:26 (2672 days ago) @ cheapLEY

The random Guardian in stasis your Ghost comments on at the top of the colony ship in the Cayde's Stash mission seems pretty out of place and might be one.

Is that a Master Chief reference, or something else? I can't remember what Ghost says, something about wanting to sleep or something? It's pretty non-obvious what it's a reference to, but MC is the only thing that really makes sense. Ghost mentions a number on the pod or something--is that relevant?

Also on the Master Chief, no one will ever be able to convince me that the Cabal watchtower only accidentally looks like a Spartan helmet.

Our Ghost says:

Pod #10201. A guardian with exceptional Light sealed himself inside. He's been in there for centuries. Before I found you, I tried to ressurect him, but he preferred to sleep. He said the last war was enough for a thousand lifetimes.

Yeah, the closest thing that comes to mind is the Master Chief at the end of Halo 3. But something about it doesn't feel right. There's just no solid connection to Halo that I can see. If it'd been pod 117, then sure... but this 10201? I'm just not convinced.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread