PS4 Pro with RE7 & Deus Ex: MD for $399. F&F Delivery... (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, February 07, 2017, 18:57 (2635 days ago)

On Newegg's Ebay.

I was going to tell Cruel to upgrade, but saw this deal and I thought I'd share it here.

I've had the Pro for about three months now, and while not many games explicitly support it (nor do I have a 4k TV), I've been more than happy with it (mostly using it for the improved video capture).

Also, Boost Mode sounds gimmicky, but it's a pretty noticeable quality-of-life improvement on games (Witcher 3 save loaded in about 20 seconds (down from about 40), Bloodborne loading screens down to 9 seconds from Hunter's Dream to Above Ground).

It's neat, and if you don't have a PS4, I'd definitely skip the Slim and go straight for the Pro (especially since RE7 is still a $60 game, and both it and Deus Ex have gotten good reviews). Otherwise, I'd say it's a neat but not vital upgrade unless you're getting something like Horizon, but it'll likely be a while before we see another sale like this, so I'd pick it up.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread