At the risk of sounding like a broken record... (Destiny)

by Harmanimus @, Monday, February 13, 2017, 17:29 (2661 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

I have to agree with some of this, but have to disagree as well. What you speak to works reliably with the Eva-8. It suffers from the FPS-Standard-Shotgun-Damage-Wall(tm), but does have very high accuracy (spread) out to that range. Being semi auto also allows it to bypass most of the slower shotgugn issues many games have.

However, the other two options (Mastiff and Mozambique) trade classic game shotgun mechanics for projectiles in a predictable spread. The Mastiff benefits greatly from slower engagement with rapid relocation. A-Wall makes it a beast to lock down tight spaces and even some longer corridors. However, it suffers from slow pumps and reloading. It also doesn't have disappearing projectiles, which lead to great harassment at long ranges. The Mozambique is spam fire but also can be used out to much greater ranges than sidearms tend to be in most games while keeping a solid kill potential, though it is better served with mobility - but anyone playing slow can be taken out at great range with it.

So, I would say they zig-zag around the common pitfalls. I'm just waiting for a third shotgun in the game (O/U maybe, with high accuracy and longer range than the Eva-8 would fullfil a currently empty role for example.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread