Shotguns and John Wick (Destiny)

by MacAddictXIV @, Seattle WA, Monday, February 13, 2017, 20:16 (2662 days ago) @ ManKitten

I feel like it would be cool if shotguns worked in Destiny like they did in John Wick 2. Really powerful, but leave you very vulnerable. Kind of like 4th horseman. Maybe part of the problem is the reload speed not being slow enough.

Coming back around to my "customization" woes, weapon customization isn't really a thing.
Now hold up, before you say "but all the rolls tho", yeah I get it. If you roll the dice enough, you can get a cool "custom" weapon setup you like...but that's not what I'm talking about.

Since we are focusing on shotguns.

Instead of gaining XP to upgrade intellect, and roll stats, imagine.

Your green engram decrypts to a Base shotgun. And instead of constantly decrypting and breaking down weapons for higher light...you actually unlock weapon parts, and you can build out your weapon however you want making it more and more powerful.

Short smooth barrel (for speed and agility), open choke (for mass spreadiness), shot shell (to pepper the world), folding stock (hip shot speed)- That MFer clears a room if you're fast enough.

Long rifled barrel (range), improved cylinder choke, slug shell (stopping power), scope - That MFer drops an MFer with one shot from afar but it kicks like a damn mule!

Same applies for hand guns and rifles. And since it's destiny, add some magic to it like arc bolts and solar splodes and stuff.

Now imagine trying to make that fair in PvP. It would be impossible. I frankly don't know how they currently do it now.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread