The Nintendo Switch (Gaming)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Saturday, March 04, 2017, 21:21 (2609 days ago) @ cheapLEY

So, yeah. My local Target is showing as having them in stock (and I've been told they had about 8 of them this morning by a friend who picked one up). I'm seriously considering going and getting one. Thoughts?

Zelda looks absolutely incredible, but there's really nothing else I would want the system for until Mario later this year, so I feel like the smart thing to do would just be to wait. That said, the fact that they're basically sold out everywhere and I have the chance to maybe snag one really makes me want to pull the trigger.

I'm loving mine, they pulled off the concept really well, it seamlessly goes from a home console to a mobile console really well, and despite it not being amazing battery life being able to play a modern Zelda for 3 hours without a TV is pretty awesome. BUT, at this point if you aren't really into Zelda and Nintendo it's probably not worth $300+. If you're not I'd wait until more games come out for it.

The details on it are pretty cool though. Switching between playmodes is ridiculously easy, and they have nailed controller syncing and assigning controllers to players. First of all, all new controllers are synced by attaching them to the console, so pro controller with a USB cable, Joy-cons by attaching them to the console, and then they are sycned forever until you sync them to a different console. When you add any controller into the current mix, or switch playmodes it has you identify which controller your user is using by just hitting L+R together. It's super quick and instantly switches to the new controller and after controller identification for everyone ends it turns off all the controllers not being used. No turning on or off controllers manually.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread