Yeah, definitely. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Saturday, April 15, 2017, 19:10 (2561 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don't like it. I much prefer the PVP at launch, but the crucible does seem much more fair, isn't a special fest, most of the guns are balanced. I think Bungie is doing the right things for their game, even though it makes me like the game less.

One could definitely argue that a perfectly 'balanced' games is a worse game than one with imbalance. If 'fair' means shifting the focus to primaries and sharpshooting, then it definitely makes the game worse in my opinion.

My big problem with the game as it goes on is that it's slowly removing variety from its guns and gameplay. All the guns are the same, it's getting slower, et cetera. I hate this. However, there are fewer and fewer people complaining online about it.

On the other hand, if you are a maniac and order pizza with olives, I'll bitch about it, but maybe 80% of the people will like it, some will like it a lot. If you just order a cheese pizza, a couple people will be like "WTF," but shut up and eat it, it's inoffensive and lame.

Or with cars:

Destiny came out as a Lamborghini Countach. Loud, impractical, you can't see out of the rear window, designed with a ruler. Destiny is going out as Porsche. Still energetic, still fun, but more practical, less offensive, but also far fewer posters on teenage boy walls.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread