Age of Lag: Backfiring (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Wednesday, April 26, 2017, 04:46 (2557 days ago) @ Funkmon

Wat. This sounds great. Count me in!

If you're seriously interested in spending so much time at the office that you turn off the gas and electricity at your home and keep a week's worth of clothes in your car at all times (all things I did), you can probably find applications on all of the big production house websites. EA and Activision-Blizzard have offices in LA (as does THQ, though I can't guarantee the same "opportunities" for OT there). Microsoft is in Redmond, WA. I've never worked for them either.

Anyway, May and June are big staffing months as they gear up to crunch test the christmas launch games. About half of the staff is seasonal and only works during the summer months (this way, every single year, they can impress their shareholders by "hiring 150 additional test staff" and then quietly lay them off three months later).

Back when I was testing, we hired every single applicant because they had that many jobs to fill. I once had two guys on my team who didn't speak a lick of English and I had no means of communicating with them. But we had to hire them so we met our "new hires" numbers.

Good luck!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread