Super for Me [video] (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Monday, May 01, 2017, 18:38 (2523 days ago) @ Claude Errera

I played a rather special game of Control today. I seemed to be on the receiving end of enemy supers a little more often than usual. So I saved the clip and cut it into a montage of all the times I died to a super. 8 times, to be precise. And each time was to a super that was used only to kill me and me alone. If you watch the game-clock, you'll see several of these were back-to-back-to-back.
Only in Destiny could I finish at the top of the scoreboard AND on the winning team and still want to break my controller out of frustration ;)

I'm sort of amazed you guys won; generally, when teams are doing well enough to chain supers like that, the score is going rapidly out of level. It happened to me yesterday; a control game on Cauldron, I stepped into the center room and fired 3 shots towards A, killed 2 people, and was INSTANTLY supered again from the orbs on the ground. (There were still orbs on the ground after I re-supered, even.) I was thinking about how annoying it would have been to be on the other team at that moment... and I wasn't the only one of my team that was sitting in the pool of orbs and building super kills.

Not only were we winning right from the start, but we were totally running away with the game until one of our players dropped out about half way through. The enemy team came back and tied it up, and we were neck-and-neck through to the end.
As frustrating as it was for me personally to get nailed by super after super, the "big picture" takeaway is that the other team was actually using their supers quite poorly. 6 players averaging 2 supers per game means ~12 supers across the team and 8 of them were used against me alone. So they just weren't generating enough orbs to get a runaway super chain happening.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread