What's new is old (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 22:34 (2529 days ago)

Everybody says that Des2ny plays and feels like Destiny. A look at the subclasses confirms that a large number of abilities are in fact the exact same as in Destiny.

I am concerned Bungie is not changing enough.

When I look at Destiny's releases after launch, the one that changed things up the most - The Taken King, was also the best. It was cool having to figure things out again, and be put in a place where you have to work out the game systems and what's possible since a huge amount changed.

Many people have commented that Wrath of the Machine was disappointing because we already knew the game. We knew the language of the raids. Even though it was a cool experience, it wasn't really different enough to really stick with you.

Did you shit yourself when Kane's chest exploded in Alien? If you did, did you feel the same way when the same thing happened to Oram in Alien Covenant? Why not? Because it was expected.

It looks like the feel and general mechanics are carrying over as well as the light system. How much is there going to be to relearn and master? If I am an expert at Destiny, will Des2ny just be a small period of adjustment? Will I have to explore and learn the game?

Will Des2ny push the scenarios and existing mechanics into unusual territory? If not, will the story and atmosphere be enough to make up for it? Or will it just be Destiny on new planets with grenade launchers?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread