Cross platform gameplay (Gaming)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, June 27, 2017, 06:31 (2499 days ago) @ Cody Miller

That's my theory.

Spinfoil hat. It's more mundane than that.

You may very well be right. On the other hand, I can also imagine that if such contractual agreements exist, they almost certainly stipulate non-disclosure of their existence. This isn't even particularly odd, and I can say so from personal experience.

So the fact that no one has told you about this doesn't necessarily make it not so. I realize that makes the argument entirely circular/

But if it is more mundane than that, then it's also much dumber than that.

There is no reasonable "balance issue" I can think of to prevent people from either using the same characters across Destiny for Windows and Destiny for Xbox. Scoring and competition are simply nowhere near relevant enough, not compared to having to split up groups because of platform issues, or force people to buy multiple copies. I've already bought Destiny 1 and its DLC three times for god's sake.

I could see framerate being a technical issue that might go beyond mere balancing, and if it's that, I'd love for them to just say so-- but that would in no way prevent character-sharing.

Anything less than this is frankly spiteful.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread