Fallen alphabet? (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Sunday, August 18, 2013, 13:11 (3902 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Long ago what caught my eye about that banner was the color palette and angular ship picture. It reminds me alot of the "Destiny Ship Poster". (Thanks again to Xenos/DBO for the image/host) But it wasn't a close enough match to formulate a standalone post about.

[image]

With a little free time this weekend, I am catching up on the recent Bungie News stories. I noticed in the news image header from the recent story "Do You Speak Bungie" there is what appears to be a clear translation of the word 'Welcome' into the Fallen character alphabet? (at least I think it is the real translate and not just fluff. Their 'E' appears pretty obvious)

[image]

I was trying to think of where else we have seen any Fallen text so far and recalled this E3 shirt with the "House of the Fallen Glyph" and some angled, faded, watermarked, style text behind it. Image borrowed from the Bungie Store. I found two examples on eBay with a slightly bigger zoomable image but not clear enough.

[image]

Anybody out there have this shirt on hand with a better look at it?
With a few more exactly translated words might we be able to begin to decipher Fallen text?
Anyone think of any other places we have seen Fallen text? (besides just the glyphs)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread