Aaaand the "race to the finish" folks are here... (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Saturday, September 09, 2017, 11:50 (2449 days ago) @ Korny

I always find posts like this disheartening. You turn a fun game into a checklist of chores to optimize a numbers game.
"Don't do these quests until you're Light Level x." "Make sure that before you have fun, you've purchased this, this, and that!" "God roll!" "Hold on to these engrams until x".

I dunno. Sucks the fun out of everything, I feel. Sorry if this seems like I'm going MacAddict on you, Kahz. Nothing against ya...

I see it more as, "there are ton of fun things to do in the game. Here's the best way to do all the fun things to end up the most ready for the next fun thing (the raid)." Knowing the optimal order to do all of the things you want to do anyway just minimizes any grinding you might have to do after you've done all of the things.

I'm actually glad I read this. I knew to hit the Postmaster and Cryptarch before turning in quests, but I didn't realize blue and purple engrams were capped at 265 and that "powerful rewards" and exotics were the only way to go beyond 265. I'll still do all of the same things I was going to do before, but now, instead of doing every activity on a planet until there's nothing left on the map before moving on to the next planet (or "destination," I guess), I'll make sure to do all of the lower level stuff first and save anything with "powerful rewards" until after the other stuff is done.

Oh, and bonus info that may have been mentioned, but I haven't seen it here: Infusing a higher power level item into an exotic now slingshots the new power level a bit beyond the item you used for infusion.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread