Aaaand the "race to the finish" folks are here... (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, September 09, 2017, 14:15 (2443 days ago) @ Korny

I always find posts like this disheartening. You turn a fun game into a checklist of chores to optimize a numbers game.
"Don't do these quests until you're Light Level x." "Make sure that before you have fun, you've purchased this, this, and that!" "God roll!" "Hold on to these engrams until x".

I dunno. Sucks the fun out of everything, I feel. Sorry if this seems like I'm going MacAddict on you, Kahz. Nothing against ya...

Aww, sorry buddy. Unfortunately, the way my brain works, I'm very good at optimization and efficiency and I like to share my observations.

No one is under any obligation to follow these tips (note that they are 'tips' and not 'rules' or even 'instructions'). I, for example, after observing these behaviors, have still thrown caution to the wind and just done whatever I wanted to. So I've already finished the Nessus quest chain (and follow-up weapon checklist), and I'm only missing the weekly crucible mission. And it all got me to 265 just fine.

But don't worry - I'll still be posting "god roll" info etc. as it comes around. I like to get that pvp edge, you know what I mean?

Of note: Copperhead is the largest sniper rifle graphic I've found so far. Good god that gun is huge. Nothing about the roll (it's fine, nothing special), but holy hell the gun is SO BIG.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread