Thoughts on the new raid? *Leviathan Spoiler Thread* (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Friday, September 15, 2017, 14:21 (2423 days ago) @ CruelLEGACEY

Just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the new raid so far!

I've only played through the first half or so, but I've watched videos of the whole thing. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The setting is interesting. It's probably my least favorite Raid in terms of the atmosphere and visual style of the locations, but I appreciate how different it is from the raids Bungie has released so far. I do miss the sense of awe and mystery of VoG, or even the sheer scale and intimidation of King's Fall. But still, I'm glad Bungie took the raid in a very different stylistic direction this time around. Plus it shows a side of Cabal society that we've never seen before, which is pretty cool.

How about everyone else?

Have you explored the Underbelly?! VoG had some neat spaces outside of combat, but mostly it was "well that was neat but there was nothing really there." The Underbelly of the Leviathan is massive and there are multiple secrets and puzzles to go along with the cool high tech / industrial / behind the scenes setting. And then there are the actual challenges! Each one has been complex but fun and nothing nearly so smotheringly clockwork-y a King's Fall.

Yeah, the gaudy gold surface of the Leviathan is not my thing, but there's a whole mess of stuff to see beneath that surface and beyond the actual Raid challenges that it sounds like you haven't even glimpsed yet.

For me, Leviathan has already surpassed Vault of Glass, both in actual challenges and in the level of exploration there is to do, and that's no easy feat!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread