Thoughts on the new raid? *Leviathan Spoiler Thread* (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Saturday, September 16, 2017, 03:01 (2423 days ago) @ Korny

Just wanted to see what everyone thinks of the new raid so far!

I've only played through the first half or so, but I've watched videos of the whole thing. I'm enjoying it a lot so far. The setting is interesting.

I love the hub world aspect of it all. It really feels like something that you're free to tackle over the course of a week, rather than something that you're forced to slog through in one run.

I also think it's great how it's all about execution and teamwork rather than gear checks and complexity.

I like that it's not super punishing when somebody dies, or when someone isn't at the ideal light level. After the bath house, I realized that I was still wearing my rare Prophet Snow legs, and I said "screw it" and kept them on for the next encounter, since the game didn't punish me for it. That would have been pretty impossible in Destiny 1 with any new raid. Your skill is pretty much the only thing that might make you a liability.

The aesthetics are neat. Got a real Bioshock vibe from the place, and the lighting is great for screenshots, whether you're in the Underbelly or in the Pleasure house, it has a lot of variety...

Plus, this is one of the most satisfying raids so far, since a huge part of it is about becoming more efficient, rather than being good at pumping enemies full of ammo. By the time we beat the Pleasure House, we were a machine (two phases with a 48x damage stack on the first!).

We haven't beat pleasure gardens yet, but we did clear the baths in ONE phase. BAM!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread