A little disappointed . . . (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, September 15, 2017, 18:12 (2423 days ago) @ cheapLEY

That he has a map icon.

I get that it's convenient and player-friendly, but it could have been neat to hunt him down.

That's my one complaint about Destiny 2 so far. It's absolutely incredible, but it really feels like all the mystery and wonder is gone--everything is just laid out for the player. Maybe that's smart for the long term, and I'm sure there's secret stuff no one has encountered yet, but something just feels a little off about it. Maybe that's just the nature of a sequel not completely capture the magic of an original, I dunno.

I'm hoping the magic is to come with regularly updated content. Your comment reminds me of something one of the guys on the split screen podcast said. He wondered if because D2 is a better game, it will be a less interesting game. He admitted that he found complicated, somewhat flawed things interesting.

I'm just sad I haven't had time to play other than completing the campaign on one character. And I'm probably not going to have much time to play this weekend. It's been a little frustrating. I'm behind! I've got Destiny stuff to do! I miss my friends!

Sigh.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread