The Darkness (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Thursday, October 12, 2017, 22:22 (2399 days ago)

I told people in my fire team chat I was posting new information on The Darkness. That is partially true. But, instead of talking about the extra dimensional evil, I wanted to talk about how nice Destiny 2’s lighting is!

Most games, it seems, show The Darkness by sucking the color out of everything and maybe applying a blue filter. Skyrim was terrible at this as all the shadows like from trees and rocks were still cast and everything!

Destiny 2, in contrast, is, as Lord Shaxx would say: AMAZING!!!

[image] [image]

But look! Color is preserved! If I rotate the camera around you can see a world that includes real, actual darks along side open, moonlit nights.

[image]

What’s more, even focusing on The Darkness, we can see that the game is taking the lighting into account with an amazing amount of detail. Look as the more reflective parts of my armor gleam!

[image]

And when it does get bright, the results and revealed detail are awesome:

[image]

I don’t know what all goes into making Destiny 2 look as good as it does, but it sure does look good! Even when consumed by The Darkness. ;)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread