Design your own Subclass Tree! (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 11:07 (2395 days ago) @ breitzen

With the potential for new subclass trees in the future, I wanted to take a swing at creating my own. This is a Dawnblade tree that acts much more like a Sentinal. Moving the focus away from airborne combat/projectiles to grounded close quarters combat.

Subclass: Dawnblade
Tree Name: Attunement of Pyre

Devouring Flame: Kill an enemy with your melee ability and gain an overshield.

Brimstone: Your rift burns enemies who enter it and cause them to explode if killed.

I like this a lot.

Rising Inferno: When Dawnblade is active, press right bumper to swing. Press right trigger to slam, leaving a streak of deadly flames. Hold left trigger to block incoming fire.

Also like this a lot, persistent flames = Area denial FTW. And even if/when you're killed/Super ends, you get that little extra benefit of the lingering flames.

Glowing Embers: Solar kills increase the recharge rate for nearby allies abilities.
(Changed from: Press B,B to dodge. Blame/Thank Xenos!)

What do you think!? How is it OP? What would your ideal (yet balanced) subclass tree look like?

Here's mine:

Subclass: Sentinel
Tree Name: Code of the Vigilant

Crippling Strike: When fully charged, melee strikes suppress enemies for a short time.

Bandolier: Melee kills recharge your Grenade energy.

Void Reinforced: Void ability kills increase resilience for a short time.

Armor Up: Guarding while Sentinel Shield is active extends its duration and grants Overshield proportional to damage absorbed for you and nearby allies.

I tried to think of ways the Sentinel doesn't tend to be used, and though some of the traits might seem OP; comparing them to the full descriptions of the classes we already have, I feel this could even use a little more.

~M

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread