No? (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, October 17, 2017, 15:18 (2395 days ago) @ Durandal

This is the tower where we were born. Not the Tower. Just a tower in a dream.

The tower stands on a black plain. Behind the tower is a notch in the mountains where the sun sets. The teeth of the mountain cut the sun into fractal shapes and the light that comes down at evening paints synapse shapes on the ground. Usually it's evening when we come.

The ground is fertile. This is good land. We go to the tower in dreams but that doesn't mean it's not real.

Some of us go to the tower in peace. They walk through a field of golden millet and a low warm wind blows in from their back.

- Ghost Fragment: Legends

Mostly, I kid. The dream of the Deep Stone Crypt may not match the reality that Cayde-6 wrote of. Or maybe it was once a warm place but refroze after the collapse? I do believe that somewhere that second picture was explicitly stated to be of Europa, however.

All that said, there is very very little information on the Deep Stone Crypt. Based on the Cayde-6 Treasure Island book coming out significantly later than my Ghost Fragment (which came with vanilla Destiny) I'd actually lend a bit more weight to the cold portrayal.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread