Don't get hopes up, but do try to watch. (Destiny)

by Funkmon @, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:17 (2393 days ago) @ Malagate
edited by Funkmon, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:25

So this was....a commercial for the full interview which is available tomorrow? I guess I'll have to hit them up over the weekend, then. Very curious as to what JJ said in full.

~M

Yeah, I'm not sure I have heard a real long form Jason Jones interview in my life. But this won't be one.

I've unfortunately backed myself into being staff of a private site for British expats who miss their TV and radik and don't know how to get it internationally. Hence, I've watched a lot of Click.

Click is a 24 minute long tech news program that airs on BBC News on Saturdays. They have quick cuts, lowest common denominator tech-literate reporting (which is perfect), and usually fill the show with one big story, lasting 10 minutes, then a bunch of smaller stories, lasting between 4-7 minutes, depending on how many they have. Some are themed episodes with a bunch of little ones, but this one doesn't appear to be.

The one airing Saturday is described thusly:

Click goes on board one of the most advanced sailing yachts in the world, during the 1st leg of its 45000 nautical mile journey. They see the tech in action and hear from the team. Click also gets an exclusive look behind the scenes of video games developers Bungie, and looks at some of the services we receive courtesy of Amazon web services, an unknown arm of the tech giant which carries a giant chunk of the world's data.

I imagine Destiny will be at most a 7 minute doc, with less content than a vidoc. I expect very little Jason Jones, and very little new information.

That said, they are usually extremely good in their reporting, so it might be the best 5 minutes of Bungie ever. Who knows?

It does air on BBC World News, so we can watch it on TV elsewhere, but I don't know the schedule, and they also post them up a few days after the airdate on the YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ClickBBC

So, if we can wait until then, we can all watch it perfectly legitimately and make sure the BBC's commercial arm gets views and ad revenue.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread