How The Makers of Destiny Learnt From Their Mistakes (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, October 20, 2017, 09:53 (2393 days ago) @ breitzen

No that is not a typo!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/41667810/how-the-makers-of-destiny-2-learnt-from-their-mistakes

"We knew it had amazing parts... but we also saw the real mistakes we made."

They did! I’m legitimately very happy with how Des2ny turned out, and tons of things that I thought were wrong with Destiny were fixed. So why is everyone on reddit complaining right now?

Sometimes fans don’t know what they want. Listening is important, but so is doing what you think is right to make a better game. Fans are calling for random rolls to return. That would be a mistake. They want power level to matter again. Another mistake. They want more end game grind. Another mistake! These things lacking are actually awesome!

I hope they learn the right lessons. Luke says it himself in the interview: it takes nine months to build what people complete in 20 minutes. That right there is a fundamental problem with MMOs and loot games that want you to play perpetually.

I hope Bungie continues to evolve and not slide backwards.

P.S. if anyone at Bungie is reading this I’d still love to interview Jason Jones about the past for my book. You know where to go :-p

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread