Straight from the Horse's Mouth (Destiny)

by Kahzgul, Thursday, October 26, 2017, 16:37 (2374 days ago) @ Korny

Here's what Christopher Barrett says they're working on (emphasis mine):

New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.

That last one would be sweet, if I had any of those emotes Q.Q

Next week's patch also has a bunch of solid bug fixes and pvp adjustments:

General
Fixed an issue with collision detection on the Bureaucratic Walk emote
Fixed an issue causing players to encounter empty public spaces too often in free roam

Crucible
Updated Mercy Rule settings to allow Mercy to activate slightly later in the match, allowing a wider range of scores to trigger it.
Clash
Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)
Control
Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning system
Survival
Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)
Supremacy
Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system

This empty zone bug is kind of huge. In fact, I know that I (and many others) had been assuming that no one was in the public spaces. Turns out, lots of people were in public spaces all by themselves! I think this one fix will dramatically improve the experience of PvE play day to day.

That's the meat and potatoes of the Thupdate. There's some stuff about PCs, too, including a known issue with AMD Vega CPUs crashing on mission 6??? That's not good, but it's also the sort of bug that I feel like the whole team will be working on squashing pronto. No word yet on a Mac version, but I'm also not sure that I ever want to know what FPS Touchpad controls feel like...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread