Super easy to do the gauntlet this way. All Hail Chappy (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, November 09, 2017, 13:13 (2372 days ago) @ Kermit

Thanks, guys.

On a related note, I've been trying out several different strategies for Prestige Royal Pools. Nothing universally applicable has surfaced yet. The "normal" method with two teams of three, each rotating on a side is the most straightforward, but it demands a team where every person can solo multiple bathers and ads, keep their plates active, and stay alive. There are several alternative rotation strategies that provide additional ad clearing and/or or bather team-shots, but they're inherently more complicated and take longer (which in turn increases the difficulty). I wish I had a "Chappy Strategy" for that one*.

I did find it interesting that the challenge for the Royal Pools demands an approach closely resembling the 5-man rotation, 1 person ad-clear strategy (but with person clearing ads in the wrong place). So perhaps Bungie does look to some of the lesser-used strategies for challenge inspiration. :)

* My current Bathers recommendation uses a dedicated ad-clear person for the first 50 seconds of the encounter, and switches to a 6-man diagonal rotation (with ad-clearing in the center during transitions) for the remainder.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread