Microtransactions, loot boxes, and legislation (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, November 24, 2017, 17:25 (2352 days ago) @ Dundre

Oh, okay. I did not know that. Working out if something is unconstitutional does not strike me as a waste of money.

It was a waste of money, because these laws were repeatedly passed, with the politicians fully well knowing they would get struck down as all the other ones have in the past. It just gives them the illusion of doing something for the kids.

Asking yourself if something strictly needs to be regulated by the government seems reasonable to me. I respect that principle. And arguably that seems to have worked with ESRB--But don´t forget that in this case we are talking about kids and gambling. Currently the gaming industry is not keeping itself in check.

Which is why rating games with loot boxes AO is the perfect solution. No government oversight, and because of the nature of the rating, the abusive practices will vanish. And if you want loot boxes in your game you can still do it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread