Weekly Deals... PS4 | XB1 (Gaming)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 07:04 (2257 days ago) @ Korny

Some pretty great deals this week, so prepare your wallet.

First up, PS4's Weekly deals:

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition ($32.49)
It's HZD plus the Frozen Wilds and more. I'd buy it again if I could!

Dying Light: The Following Enhanced Edition ($14.99)
Dying Light was easily my 2015 Game of the Year, but this bundle includes near-Borderlands levels of add-ons and improvements, and they're still updating the game (roadmap goes all the way to October of this year)! One of the hidden gems of this console generation, it's a four-player co-op that does so much right, and with an expansion that truly adds to the experience.

Witcher 3: Complete Edition ($19.99)
One of the definitive RPGs of this console generation, and I still haven't gotten around to doing the Expansions. Good stuff!

Nioh: Complete Edition ($24.99)
Dark Souls meets Ninja Gaiden. People seem to like this mashup.

INSIDE + LIMBO ($8.99)
While I personally don't think Inside was a very good game (it tops my personal "Most Overrated" list by a significant margin), it is a unique enough experience that's worth playing through at least once, even if it's just for that final segment. And what's more, it comes bundled with the pretty dang great Limbo as well! I recommend starting with Inside, then moving up to Limbo for a more satisfying experience.

Gravity Rush 2 ($17.99)
The Gravity Rush series won't be winning any major awards, but as far as a unique, charming, and fun games go, this one is up there. A likeable and positive protagonist, a neat world to explore, and a laundry list of fun challenges make this game a fun and relaxing palate cleanser that can get wild and frantic if you really want it to.

Hellblade ($20.99)
A low-budget, self-published indie game without an 8-bit visual style? SOLD!
And that's besides the fantastic, mature storytelling or brilliant use of 3D audio.
I love this game, and though it's fairly short (8-12 hours), it's the perfect game to play with someone that you'd like to have a meaningful conversation with, but can't find the perfect ice breaker. You don't get many opportunities to discuss mental health issues through the backdrop of eighth-century Celtic and Nordic culture and lore, now do ya?
Fun fact, on World Mental Health Day (Oct. 10th), Ninja Theory donated all of the day's proceeds from Hellblade to Rethink, a mental health charity. We need more indie devs like them.

Battlefield 1 + Titanfall 2 Ultimate Bundles ($19.99)
$20 for the complete collection of BF1 and Titanfall 2? Even if you already have one, this is a great deal for the other! Sure, you can pick upTitanfall 2 alone for $6, but think of all of the neat bonuses you're missing out on, like some neat Titan reskins (complete with unique sounds and executions).

Pyre ($9.99)
The third game from the guys who made Bastion and Transistor, this is a weird game that blends a visual novel with basketball and fantasy in a way that actually works. Go figure.

The Last of Us Remastered ($10)
Who doesn't have this yet? I want names.

=======================================

Xbox Deals!

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($4.99)
Ever wish that Fable had gotten a good sequel? This is it! Sure, it's last-gen, but it was a lot of what I had wanted from Lionhead, but unfortunately never got. While the behind-the scenes (and fate of the development studios) is pretty tragic, the game itself is the product of some pretty great talent, including the lead designer behind Oblivion and Morrowind, Ken Rolston, serving as executive designer, and art designs by Todd McFarlane.

Elite Dangerous ($12)
Folks around here seem to like this game, and now it's only $12! It's available for PS4, but I feel like the population leans more heavily on the Xbox side, so get it there instead!

Outlast Bundle ($6.25)
Two very solid horror experiences. The game(s) came out at the height of the "You have no weapons to defend yourself!" fad, but I feel like this game (and moreso the Whistleblower expansion) did it the best. Plus, the pretty-much unrelated "sequel" ended up sucking, so this is definitely the way to go!

Nah, play LIMBO first. It may have some more complicated puzzles, but the latter part of INSIDE reaches a level or horror/pathos that surpasses LIMBO.

Thanks for the tip about Hellblade. I put it in my cart last time it was on sale but never bought it. Now you just need you to loan me your platinum headset so I can really experience it. Seriously, I've viewed this game like Steel Battalion, assuming I've got to spend $200 to get the accessory I need to really play it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread