Weekly Deals... PS4 | XB1 (Gaming)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Wednesday, February 28, 2018, 13:59 (2257 days ago) @ stabbim

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($4.99)
Ever wish that Fable had gotten a good sequel? This is it! Sure, it's last-gen, but it was a lot of what I had wanted from Lionhead, but unfortunately never got. While the behind-the scenes (and fate of the development studios) is pretty tragic, the game itself is the product of some pretty great talent, including the lead designer behind Oblivion and Morrowind, Ken Rolston, serving as executive designer, and art designs by Todd McFarlane.

I've been playing through Reckoning off and on for the past couple of years. Every once in a while, I pick it up for a few hours. I think I'm actually afraid of finishing it because I know there won't be any more, and since it was supposed to start a trilogy I worry that there'll be a bunch of things unresolved. But I keep coming back to it because it's such a beautiful fantasy world. Lots of things borrowed from other mythologies, but they're made into something unique. Fun combat system, too.

After that game, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen helped scratch the itch. Not as much charm as KoA:R, but the gameplay is top notch, and it's been remastered for current gen!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread