TL;DR (Gaming)

by Durandal, Tuesday, March 20, 2018, 11:35 (2237 days ago) @ Korny

CoD is garbage and also probably the work of Satan.

As always, it's very important to make a distinction between the three different studios putting out Call of Duty games. Infinity Ward? Garbage. Sledgehammer? Slightly less garbage. Treyarch? Actually great games that try to evolve or refine the media while drowning players in content and variety (especially weapons).

Treyarch was just as bad, just in different ways. Ever since MW COD has moved towards esports style in your face showmanship over the strategic positioning and accuracy of the Halo series.

Although Halo 4 and 5 have moved away from Halo too, so the industry as a whole has shifted over the years.

Really in my mind you had the Doom/Quake era of health pickups, weapon pickups and 2D movement, the Halo/Counterstrike era of specific weapon balance and strategic movement, and now the faster paced, vertical movement games with individual player loadouts.

Halo and Titanfall are the only real ones to break out vehicles and integrate them into the core gameplay, and I miss that in Destiny. A solid vehicle system would go a long way in the PVP environment and further differentiate Destiny from it's competition (The Division, Warframe).

BF and COD are their own entities and offer something completly different from Destiny.

That being said I would love BF's destructable environments and levelutions added to Destiny.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread