Get to Know your Fellow D.B.Oer | Music - Coding 2 Cruel (DBO)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Tuesday, April 10, 2018, 07:45 (2218 days ago) @ dogcow

EDIT: Still checking, I came across our very own CruelLEGACEY's music and boy, how the crap could I forget. Dude's pretty damn good. Kind of like deadmau5, but cooler. Check him out (@Music_Emoticon)

Right now, I'm pretty into synth/vaporwave when programming. No clue why, guess I just like music that sounds from the 80s and earlier.

I often code to Cruel's stuff. Most of his songs make for good coding music. The one exception is "Momentum." It does just kind of the opposite for me XD, it demands I stop & listen to it, I believe it's the R/L stereo effect going on in my headphones, so I leave it out of my coding playlist, but I do enjoy listening to it.

Funny story about that one. The echo you hear on the chord stabs that play throughout the song were an accident at first. I was messing around with a particular sound that had a simple echo on it, but I kept getting this rhythmic syncopated echo happening over top. It turned out I accidentally had secondary monitoring activated in my recording program, which was making me hear a extra echo due to latency. It just happened to be perfectly in time with the tempo of what I was playing. So I after recording it, I had to go back and add that extra echo because I liked the sound of it so much :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread