Skill Up's pretty fantastic Warmind review. (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Sunday, May 13, 2018, 10:19 (2185 days ago)

Don't be fooled by the thumbnail (looking at you, Kermit), as always, Skill Up is great at explaining his position and views, and provides some really constructive criticism.

His ultimate perspective is that the DLC is worth the money, but not worth your time.

He breaks down every single aspect of the DLC and the major update, which I'm sure Bungie was hoping that reviewers would simply consider the two part of the same package (but thankfuly almost all of the ones that I've seen know the difference, given the 56 metascore that it has so far).

He has some really great thoughts on the strengths and shortcomings of the content, and how it contrasts with similar changes that were done to improve D1.
Main criticisms revolve around the fact that the grind is poorly implemented (revolving almost entirely on old content and checking off of milestones), enemies and missions are dull, storytelling is super weak (which reminds me, did you hear that the identity of the Exo Stranger's been solved?), Ranked Crucible was rushed, and the fact that the only non-recycled strike is a Playstation exclusive.

Remember back when he said that he was done with Destiny 2? Well, he saw Josh Hamrick's tweet apologizing for Destiny's state, and highlights it in this video as the driving force behind why he came back to give Destiny 2 another chance.
Unfortunately, (and as I totally called) the D2 ship looks like it won't be righted until the fall update, where they address more of the self-imposed issues and call it part of the DLC (again). It's disheartening, and I'm not 100% sure that I'll even bother at that point, given how much Bungie coasts between major updates, where other games (such as The Division) prioritize fixing their games without sneaking in user-unfriendly features, and the devs don't just lie through their teeth (remember how Bungie delayed Strike-exclusive content under the pretext that they wanted more time to ensure that the content was "super cool" and "lived up to the difficulty it will take to earn", and then we got scraps worth of content, such as a Ghost with worse perks than what you could buy from Eververse? And the content was exclusive to Nightfall, killing a reason to do Heroic strikes, which now have no purpose since they drop worse gear than you have).

At least the reworked exotics are fun.
Never did bother with that raid lair either, now I have another to slap on the list.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread