PS4 Blind Raid (Destiny)

by breitzen @, Kansas, Wednesday, May 16, 2018, 13:27 (2182 days ago) @ Kermit

Dude, I’m probably going to push it or drop out myself. 370 light is just crazy given how the progression works now.

I’m going to be lucky if I’m even 360 by the 22nd. I’m not going to grind through old raids just for gear. I also don’t really feel like I’m up for banging my head against it while being under-leveled. I’ll do my best to be ready, but I’m not sure it’s going to happen.

I'm definitely not telling you how you should feel about doing the old raids for gear and leveling, I just wanted to chime in with a quick counterpoint that the last couple times my group ran the raids (we ran both back to back on Thursday night, and some of us again on Friday for a few who missed some or all of the Thursday night shenanigans, and then both again back to back last night) have been probably the most enjoyable raid runs we've had in a long time.

Being able to skate through the Leviathan and Eater of Worlds Lair without more than a wipe or two, and easily getting the challenge modes done has been a lot of fun and has allowed us to joke around about all kinds of stuff while playing together instead of having to completely focus on the mechanics. Top that off with probably 5 power levels worth of leveling up each time, and that's just icing on the cake.

We're not cool enough to play with admins, but cheapLEY has participated in some raid fun on the Xbox side (I hope I'm not outing you, cheapLEY--you seemed like you were enjoying yourself).

I agree with you, speed, it's been fun (of course it wasn't DBO elite-level fun, but fun enough ;)).

I know this is mostly in jest, but I (and I can only speak for myself) hope I've never rubbed you the wrong way because of whom I mainly Raid with. We do need to play more, I haven't heard a good Bluerunner story in months!

<3

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread