They didn't actually tell us anything. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 18:07 (2088 days ago) @ cheapLEY

When have they ever done that though? In D1 we didn't hear much of anything about The Dark Below or House of Wolves until they were close. In D2 we didn't hear anything about Curse of Osiris or Warmind until they were close.

My hope is that the main difference between something like Warmind and something like Black Armory is that one had a new Destination while the other doesn't. It looks like we'll be getting new story, new weapons, new multiplayer maps, new Crucible modes, new Tower events, and new Raid Lairs with these next three DLCs. I'd be fine with that as long as the current eight Destinations see enough changes to make me want to keep playing.

What I don't want is storyless expansions that just add harder challenges that I need to build 6+ man teams to defeat. EP is not really my favorite thing in Destiny... and not even because it takes lucking into a big group who wants to beat it. More... it's either too hard and I fail to get anything, or I do join up with a big group and it is too easy and I get rewards without really even having to play.

I think the Solstice of Heroes was a better model where there were achievable goals that kept me playing variations on encounters that were a bit harder but not so much so that they started bordering on that impossibe ----> too easy divide.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread