They didn't actually tell us anything. (Destiny)

by cheapLEY @, Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 18:29 (2087 days ago) @ Ragashingo

When have they ever done that though? In D1 we didn't hear much of anything about The Dark Below or House of Wolves until they were close. In D2 we didn't hear anything about Curse of Osiris or Warmind until they were close.

The difference is one of expectations. We have four years of Destiny behind us now. We know what a Destiny expansion looks like, we have a sort of baseline of what we’ll get: new story missions, new gear, some new strikes, a new raid. Except now they’ve said “we’re doing something different this time around.” Only they haven’t told us what we’ll actually be getting. That’s fine, but it’s at least a little busted that they haven’t told us anything but also totally went ahead and let people give them forty dollars for it with no information.

I already spent the money, so I know my argument is a little hollow. I have enough faith that they’ll deliver something enjoyable, and I’m invested enough in Destiny to pony up the cash sight unseen. I’d also buy it even if everyone said it was terrible. What an I going to do, not play new Destiny content? I don’t think so!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread