Raid Revive Mechanics (Destiny)

by Chappy, Arlington, VA., Thursday, August 30, 2018, 08:43 (2086 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Can confirm - I ended up doing a Prestige Leviathan last night (message me on live if you want the Calus Checkpoint). The new wipe mechanic is a definite improvement.

No more wipes in the Gauntlet because someone died when the floor drops first drops out - just finish the run, deposit the energy and then pick up the revive.

You can intentionally run with a man down for the full duration of the Calus "skull" phase to maximize the damage multiplier - just pick them up after you drop Calus's shield. Though with a team of Whispers, this is really not necessary any more for a one-phase.

Note that the ammo drop economy is significantly different in the raids now. Heavy ammo is a rare drop and no longer guaranteed from certain enemies - you can't just kill watchers to get your heavy back before an encounter, and even Bathers usually don't drop heavy either.

I had to use the "Giving Hand" Gauntlet perk for the entire raid, and still felt heavy ammo poor. Switching your special weapon removes it's ammo just like heavies, so do it immediately after finishing an encounter so you can pick up green/purple ammo before leaving the area.

On the plus side, I ran two auto rifles at Calus (so both primary). There was never a shortage of primary ammo.

Note that the change to heavy drops kills the Engine room farm for finishing heavy weapon Catalysts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread