+1000 (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 10:30 (2062 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I dunno about this. Randos jump in the portal 90% of the time immediately when it opens, even if the opposing team has no unbanked motes or the primeval has full health.

Preventing players from dealing primeval damage in the first place is still a good thing. If you only spend 30 seconds keeping the entire enemy team focused on you instead of what they need to be doing to win, you’re still accomplishing something.

Waiting for enemies to deal enough damage for invading to be “worth it” is silly, when you can invade and keep them focused on you instead of hitting the boss.

It’s not just the boss that you have to think about. There’s all the enemies around the boss too; the wizards in particular. Clearing them out provides a damage boost against the Primevil, which means burning down the boss is often the fastest part of the encounter.

So if your team just sits and waits to invade, the other team can focus on clearing ads and killing wizards, then turn to the boss and melt it so fast that you might only have time for 1 invasion. And if that invasion doesn’t go well, your team is toast.

I invade as soon as possible, every single time (assuming I have heavy ammo). I’ve managed to help my team pull off some incredible turnarounds at the very end by relentlessly harassing the enemy team as soon as they summon their Primevil. 9 times out of 10, it ends up being a significant help to my team. Even if the enemy team runs and hides so I can’t kill them, that’s 30 seconds that they’re sitting in a corner, not getting anything done. Meanwhile my teammates are making progress and gaining ground.

So yeah, if your team has someone who is good at invading, then always invade ASAP every time :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread