Strikes (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, September 22, 2018, 10:39 (2063 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Every time I have played it, people drop out right at the start… I guess they want quick loot. After some time you usually get people joining in, but it can take a while.

Yeah, it’s unfortunate. Seems like the majority of the Destiny community plays the game like idiots chasing a shiny. I mean, whatever, play how you want. I just don’t get it. People running through strikes at full tilt, ignoring enemies just to get it done faster.

But when you make a loot game, this goes hand in hand with that. Loot becomes the thing in people’s mind, the sole focus. It just sucks. ):

The Corrupted's final boss battle is SO MUCH EASIER if you take care of some of the adds. I played with a pair that tried to simply burn her down, and we kept getting wiped out from behind by adds, until I decided to ignore my teammates and focus on just clearing that center platform. Suddenly they were able to do boss damage! Amazing!

(At first, I was trying to be helpful, and be there to help charge up the orbs with them... but 1) you don't need 3 people for that, and 2) they weren't even bothering with the charge-up period, just grabbing the orb and throwing it.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread