Join in progress sucks. (Destiny)

by DiscipleN2k @, Edmond, OK, Friday, October 05, 2018, 22:09 (2051 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Instead of letting the terrible experience be capped at the folks already in the game, let’s spread that around by placing someone else into a match they’re all but guaranteed to lose.

As much as I hate getting dumped into the losing side of a match, the other half of Cody's suggestion would make the experience far less frustrating. Few things irritate me more than getting dropped in and immediately spawn-killed by someone's super, then respawn only to be spawn-killed by someone else's super. If the game could start me off with at least as much super energy as I would have gotten from just running around the map for the entire game, this would suck a lot less.

Thinking about that now, though, that means that the other team could see themselves get annihilated by a full team of supers, watch someone lag out (or manually quit if they're farming super-kills for a bounty), then have join-in-progress throw them another teammate with a full or nearly-full super. That wouldn't exactly be fair either.

It's just a crappy situation all around. Better to try and prevent people from quitting in the first place than try and find a band-aid to slap on when they do.

-Disciple

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread