I agree. (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Saturday, October 06, 2018, 12:30 (2050 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Well good they said something about it?

Its the perk that makes that class most interesting IMO. And doesn't work. So maybe we are looking at a November fix. I thought all the new systems were supposed to make changes happen quicker? Are the fixes not ready and they are just hopes? I'm sure if there were a nasty bug about everyone getting awesome drops that would be fixed quickly.

Just sort of venting I guess. We were reminded that changes would happen quickly. Why do we have to wait weeks for a big batch of bug fixes? If they have a tested fix, why make people wait a month? I'm honestly looking for legit answers. I understand testing takes time/etc but if its already on the "Patch notes" why do we have to wait 2 weeks. Extensive testing?

Not sure if I'm misreading his response, or you are... but it sounded to me like the bug has been identified, but not fixed yet. Yes, they can roll out changes more quickly - but they still have to CODE the changes, and it sounded (to me, anyway) like they haven't figured this one out yet.

The phrase "This is a fairly nasty bug that the team is looking into", tells me it's not simple. It's probably coupled to a number of systems in game that if not done careful, will yield a hydras worth of new bugs.

Considering the amount of different systems that go into every frame of this game, I'm not surprised. Thinking about that heavy ammo bug from awhile back gives me the chills.

What's amazing about bugs, is that sometime, the bug you've written is propping up some other broken code without you realizing it. Fixing the observed bug may expose a much more nasty variant underneath in what seems like a relatively unrelated system.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread