Honestly Not Worth It. (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, November 07, 2018, 20:24 (2004 days ago) @ Claude Errera

Took a while to get to this thread, but I do have a lot to say.

Anti-quitting measures are hard to make relatively enforcing in D2, or in team games in general. In most cases, it would be a loss of points or rank or experience or whatever, which stupidly enough, you already get if you actually stayed. It defeats the purpose. Most games can't put in anything too much harsher because of the people who genuinely removed the game for a myriad of reasons such as losing power or internet connectivity, a bug in the game or even a pressing RL issue. It probably isn't what you'd like to hear, but it's massively better to quit out if you find yourself alone or horribly outnumbered. It's not worth the anger, frustration, fury or tears to keep whatever experience points or honor or rank or dignity that would remain after something that horrible.

There's no sympathy,either! They're real pieces of shit. I once got matched up with a real pack of assholes(on both sides) in a Team SWAT game on Halo 5. All my teammates quit after two deaths(and boy, do I have some fun with the rules for join in progress!) and the entire rest of the game was spent being spawn killed instantly—

Bungie Studios:"A proud 20 year heritage of the worst multiplayer spawns and incompetent balance systems known to mankind!"

343 Industries:"Hold my Pabst."

and gang-teabagged for 48 kills. You know what I got for it? Hypertension and real bad thoughts. I reported them all repeatedly(because that works) and saved the film for the 343i Feedback, but that still stays with me. And all that could've been reduced to 30 seconds of waiting, rolled eyes and an annoyed huff if I had just left out with the rest of those jerkasses.

Speaking of...

Join in progress is a nightmare. Some people don't want to join a game mid-battle, and even if they do, a lot LESS want to join a game where their team is horribly behind and there's no way in hell they're gonna win.

Plus JiP(an abbreviation which should raise a red flag right there) seems to have its own fickle behavior that changes not only from video game to video game, but from multiplayer session to multiplayer session. In D1 I remember plenty of Iron Banner games where I joined in progress(usually behind) and only had a minute or so to run around before our team lost(if I even landed at all.) Claude, I'm sure you remember that IB game we were all in on that church map, Widow's Court—every single other person on the opposing team quit out, and we waited for others to join in his team, and not a single one! That guy suffered an onslaught from all six of us because we weren't killing him fast enough for a Mercy rule. I felt so damn bad I apologized to him during AND after the game!

Using Halo 5 again as an example, one BTB game I played, people on the opposing team quit and joined and quit and joined, almost throughout—enough people quit on that team to make a whole second team; and I've witnessed both sides of games where a bunch quit, nothing happens and we're stuck with a 5v1 or 8v3. While it is obvious that players aren't always on hand to jump right in, it becomes painfully obvious whether or not the game is remotely trying.

TL;DR
You already know my stance on Crucible, so I won't bother repeating it; nor my Crucible solution. That won't really work, since you're a more positive person than myself, with the added benefit of having a soul.
However, if too many abandoned teammates pile up and chain bad experiences, it'll probably rot out and you might end up an angry little bastard like me. ;-D

If all your teammates quit, just do the same. Staying is honestly not worth it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread