Oh. You too? (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 19:02 (2012 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

... I'm shown why Gambit is SO MUCH UNFUN all in one place.

New anti-quitter rules in place; if I quit, I get penalized. (I guess it's okay, though, because I should know better than to go in in the first place.)

30 seconds into the game, 2 of my team quit. For the rest of the 15 minute game, it's 4v2, because fuck people who follow the rules. You have to save those join in progress folks for the last 10 seconds of a mercy game in regular crucible, you can't use 'em here.

With 4v2, the opposing team could leisurely collect motes, bank 'em, summon a Primeval, burn it down, and move on with a win under their belts. Nope... they take every frickin' opportunity they can to invade, and make it even more of a lopsided game. (Doesn't matter that I killed 7 of the 10 invaders; my teammate - yes, singular, because fuck people who follow the rules - didn't stop collecting motes when an invader came in... so he died. A lot.) They even invaded - several times - when they had their primeval up. I mean, really, wtf?

Every time I think "well, they made some tweaks, maybe it's not quite the same pit of miserable that it was before" I'm shown, quite graphically, how stupid I actually am.

Oh. You too? With Randoms? No. Don't do it. With DBO though... good times are and have been had. If you have a Rat King, perhaps we can join Malagate?

Yeah... no. Thanks, though. Played with him (and Rat Kings) yesterday... was pretty frustrating. The gun's pretty good... but only really for AI enemies. We were mostly outmatched by invaders with Sleeper.

Not for me. You go have fun, though.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread