THAB 2.21.19--Gambit and Shotgun changes, One Eyed Mask nerf (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Thursday, February 21, 2019, 17:04 (1924 days ago) @ cheapLEY

Is it just me, or does this sound like the kind of change that might nerf IKELOS SG and Threat Level into the ground?

I honestly assumed that was the exact purpose of the change. I'm actually okay with it--using any other shotgun is purposely handicapping yourself.

It’s all going to come down to how the RoF nerf and the damage buff balance out.

Right now, IKELOS and Threat Level are not really overpowered. They’re just 2 of the only shotguns powerful enough in PvE to justify the risk of getting close enough to an enemy to use a shotgun. Perfect Paradox and now Acreus are probably the only other shotguns that I’d put vaguely on the same level (again, I’m talking PvE here).

My concern is that IKELOS and Threat Level are in a great place right now. They’re the “go to” PvE shotguns because they’re effective and fun to use. I’m all for bringing other shotguns up to their general level. I just hope these changes don’t suck the life out of some of the most fun and iconic weapons in Destiny.

Excited to try the new Gambit changes!

Me too. I'm excited to see more info what actually changes for the rest of the season. There's gotta be a Drifter/Gambit vendor/item refresh, right? New Gambit armor and weapons? Please?

I sure hope so.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread