Looks great! (Destiny)

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Friday, March 01, 2019, 08:25 (1906 days ago) @ cheapLEY

You were guaranteed to get an Avalanche weren’t you? I thought it was one of the first things you got from The Dawning. It’s been long enough that I don’t actually remember how that quest line started though.

I think you had to do everything up to Zavala. Not a huge mission, but if you weren’t actively playing Destiny during the Dawning, you didn’t get it.

So yeah, I guess if you didn’t find a whole thirty minutes to play Destiny during a three week period, you possibly missed out.

I almost did, actually. Knocked it out on both consoles on one of the last days. Didn’t get many ingredients, so now I’m stuck with a permanent Triumph notification, since I didn’t knock them out either.

EDIT: Just be clear, I agree with you. We need more accessible machine guns. As far as I’m concerned, they should be raining down from the heavens—they’re stupidly fun and I want more! Just, I don’t think the situation is as dire as you’re implying.

Eh. Ultimately I guess it’s not a huge deal (except for the fact that the Forge machine gun outclasses the others), but it does reflect poorly on what we were told we’d be getting. But then again, that would rely on Bungie having a track record of being honest, which they haven’t exactly had for a while now.

Anyway, the point was that MG pickings are slim, and far slimmer if you’re expecting value on your existing purchase, because Bungie already technically fulfilled their end of the bargain.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread