Spinfoil Hat - Opulence (Destiny)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Saturday, March 02, 2019, 17:53 (1905 days ago) @ Cody Miller

So, I think they at least believe it has enough of a future for them to buy it back. I'm guessing they aren't done with it for a while…

What if...

Do you think the "Season of [REDACTED]" and now apparently is "Season of Opulence" is related to their break up with Activision? As in, Bungie wanted to give us something for the final season in the road map but Activision wasn't keen on it. They knew the departure was in the works but before they committed to Season of Opulence or Season of Compromise, they wanted to make sure they were able to make what THEY wanted.

Once Activision was out of the way, now they can spoil us with riches and give us everything they've wanted to, and a lot of what we've asked for. Like D1 Raids, worlds, weapons, game modes, whatever.

As far as history and timelines go, is Season of Opulence and equivalent to Rise of Iron update? Could Season of Opulence be the final update for D2, so they are going to use it as a vessel to continuously feed content until D3?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread