I'm on the opposite end of you. *sp* (Fan Creations)

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 13:53 (747 days ago) @ cheapLEY

I'm self aware enough to admit that most of my negativity is because this show doesn't taste like the 'Member Berries I'm used to eating.

When I started dating my wife, she had never heard of Halo. Then she stayed up late with me one night when I started the Halo Reach campaign. She was interested in the story, started asking questions. She read the Fall of Reach book, then insisted I play through all the games so she could watch. She was interested in Halo as an entire universe. As a story being told. There is so much good stuff to build from...and the makers of this show basically said "nah, we're good. We'll write our own thing."

This is a Halo show about as much as 300 is a documentary on the Battle of Thermopylae. The names are the same....that's about it.

I'm just butthurt that they turned MC into a mindless, thoughtless, wool over his eyes military asset being manipulated by Halsey.

Whereas in the game, he knew what had to be done and even commanding officers let him do his thing.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread