Show is pretty good, but I wouldn't play a game based on it. (Fan Creations)

by EffortlessFury @, Friday, May 13, 2022, 05:14 (715 days ago) @ Robot Chickens

However, the show seems much less ambiguous in the treatment of the UNSC. They are flat out monsters at this point in time. I wonder where this will go.

The halo universe has always had bad people mixed into the fold of humanity, but if this was the group of humans I was supposed to fight alongside in the games, I don't think I'd be super motivated to save them. The UNSC probably should die in this iteration. On the other hand, it makes for a fascinating show.

The only reason I can play the Master Chief in Halo games is because (at least during the moments we play as him) he has the ability to make the right calls (and "John has always known the right thing to do"). It removes a lot of moral ambiguity, and the people around him support him and thus are presumably "putting their trust in the right place."

The truth is that the entire time I've been playing Halo, though the circumstances I just pointed out make it easy, I do have to compartmentalize my knowledge of just how atrocious the UNSC actually is. The Insurrectionists' terrorism isn't something I condone but they were absolutely in the right. The Spartans were created to stop a rebellion that the UNSC deserved.

They always sucked.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread