Weird (Off-Topic)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, November 01, 2023, 12:44 (178 days ago) @ Coaxkez

I'm not even being sarcastic. The death of legacy content delivery has been very sad for me to watch. I think it's a net negative for everyone in the long run. Just look at how the streaming model has decimated the entertainment industry. Now that the "Golden Age of Television" is pretty much over, the consumers will begin to understand that the business model has been utterly shot to hell. Do not expect those subscription price increases to stop any time soon!

I think it will adjust.

I've heard that people inside Netflix were talking, regarding movies like Extraction 2. Released on their platform, it doesn't really gain them anything. They aren't getting any more subscribers. But if they put it out in a movie theater? They'd pull in at least 50 million easy. There's the possibility that Netflix might not debut their movies on their platform anymore, but rather theatrically.

Likewise, everyone is realizing that spending 200 million dollars on 8 episodes of a fucking TV show isn't sustainable.

It was an experiment, and it's going to correct. I'm optimistic a new equilibrium will be found.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread