Bungie's reveal: a disservice to Destiny

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:49 (4077 days ago) @ Ibeechu

But come on.

Agreed. I think the ViDoc was actually pretty good for an intro to Destiny, but I totally understand where you are coming from. The crumb sized releases of information can get frustrating. Like the height of the Halo 3 weekly updates which were sometimes nothing more than teases with tiny snippets of information and fake censoring of more juicy details. There are points where I feel like I'm a game developer's play thing, to be toyed with, when I'm the one paying the bills. I'm not asking for everything up front, or week to week progress reports that would confuse me and everyone else who doesn't understand how chaotic game development can be. But the announce, spend a lot of words each week to say nothing, actually show the first bit of solid stuff at E3 months later, and then finally ramp up marketing just before release is frustrating. Exciting too sometimes, but I'd rather see solid information at a slightly more frequent every once in a while with periods of darkness in between than get a constant stream of useless words with just one or two chunks of real info at press events and gaming conventions I can't attend.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread