Destiny is a classy lady.

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 09:51 (4077 days ago) @ Ibeechu

Listen, the point is we're not upset about the amount of information they released. It's about how much they released in context to how they've been ramping up.

Here's my summed argument (or beef rather. I'm not really arguing that you guys should feel this way. Just explaining why I and others do): Building hype is great. Teases are great. But building hype for a tease is an oxymoron, and unfortunately it's always been Bungie's MO.

I didn't think anything was coming until last week, when the ARG started. And it was a pretty simple, short, straightforward ARG (and to please thebruce, not an ARG at all really, heh). And for a bit I thought the ARG was going to be the reward in itself. We got a bunch of mysterious clues and a sample of music. Pretty neat stuff!

And then bam, we got a bunch of beautiful concept art that revealed a lot more about Destiny's setting. I thought THAT had to be it.

And then we got a ViDoc - and not just one that looked behind the scenes, but one with motion-altered concept art and a narrator setting up the premise of the game.

And, most surprisingly to me, we got in-game footage

Rarely do we see that with any first announcement for a game, and moreso its the first time I've ever seen Bungie do that while I've been a fan the last decade.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread