Agreeing with uberfoop (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Monday, April 28, 2014, 18:49 (3655 days ago) @ Xenos

The upgrades are unlockable immediately. It's the paint job that is exclusive until January.

Source? I haven't seen anywhere that says that the faster acceleration and whatnot is available immediately. Or are you saying that it's able to be unlocked from the moment you buy the game, but you're still going to have to go about leveling up or getting loot or whatever you have to do to get that faster Sparrow? To which I would again say, hey, make all of them that fast from the get-go if it's okay for some people to have it outright via pre-order.

I was saying the latter, it's in the subtext pointed out by JDQuackers here. I don't disagree with you about this being annoying at all, but letting everyone unlock it immediately doesn't make it much of a pre-order bonus. This is sadly about money and marketing not about gameplay.

Why sadly? Why can't SOME of the decisions made be made for marketing reasons - why can't we acknowledge the reality of making and selling games, and stop pretending that the only thing that SHOULD matter is that the player is happy?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread