Agreeing with uberfoop (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 19:28 (3667 days ago) @ petetheduck

If this only had to do with a color and not actual gameplay, odds are pete wouldn't have even made this thread. Also, no one has said a word about the color aspect. It's damned if you do pre-orders that impact gameplay.

I would've made the thread. I think preorder exclusives, especially retail specific, are BS.

Yes, I know where Claude is coming from, and making this a limited time exclusive is a lesser evil kind've scenario.

Would I rather there be no preorder exclusives? Yes!
Would I rather Bungie do THIS rather than what 343 Industries did with Halo 4? Yes!

Your comment about hoping the rest of the fireteam being able to keep up is exactly what I thought. But it's kind've a moot point because at some point players will be able to upgrade their Sparrow anyway, so the discrepancy will exist. This just means it will exist on day one, instead of day five.

Ah, I get you. Didn't really consider the retailer exclusive part. Part of that "things change, deal with it" that Claude was giving me is my not caring if they offer dumb exclusives like aesthetics that don't impact gameplay. That's the way things have gone, nothing can be done about it, and at least it doesn't impact anything.

I don't like the compromise thought of "I would rather Bungie does this vs. what 343 did" because, well, I'd rather neither of them do what they are. I get that you feel it's a moot point, day one vs. day five or whatever, but DLC that impacts gameplay, even if for a day, shouldn't exist as far as I'm concerned (especially when retailer exclusive, like you said).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread