Maybe they designed them that way? (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Saturday, June 28, 2014, 17:44 (3598 days ago) @ Pyromancy

If they exist, I wonder what we will see as far as daily/weekly/monthly challenges. Possibly those will prove to address our need for a true challenge? Seems like maybe they will be able to provide us more Vidmaster-esque options?
If the Glass Vault is as difficult as they purport it to be, it should hopefully provide a sense of accomplishment after a run.

I wonder if there will be a system in place for the community to create and issue custom challenges? If not, maybe we will have to improvise.

The XBone achievements system includes "challenges" that run for a limited time. Typically, completing them gets you something in-game to note the accomplishment. For Forza 5, for example, badges/titles that are unique to that challenge. It seems feasible and even likely that we'll see those for Destiny, and I would bet the in-game reward would be along the same lines since they've already mentioned badges. Maybe PS4 is doing something similar with their Trophies system? And even if they aren't, it could just be done in-game like the later Halo games did.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread